Where to go and what to see while visiting the Cambridge Valley.
There is plenty to see and do in the Cambridge Valley. Come and spend some time in our region, visit our museums and art galleries, attend a service at the New Skete Monastery, or take in a concert in our historic opera house. You may also shop for unique gifts, take a bike tour to our covered bridges, canoe down the Battenkill or hike up our hills. However you spend your time, it is sure to be memorable! We’ve listed a few suggestions, email us and let us know of your own favorite spots and activities. We also have galleries, shops and museums to visit.
• Tour Cambridge Central School through their website to learn about the school
• Visit the Hubbard Hall Center for the Arts and Education website for theater, music events, and classes.
• During the Autumn months the foliage can be spectacular. Pick up a local map and travel the back roads, look for locally grown produce and fall festivals in the region.
• A self-guided tour of our many covered bridges can be a great afternoon outing. Go to washingtonnycounty.com for more information on the bridges and the other attractions in Washington County.
• In the warm weather bring a picnic and blanket to enjoy the lawn at the Georgi Museum in Shushan, then go for a dip in the famous Battenkill River.
• Go to our Public Library and find a good book to curl up with on a cool night. Visit them on the web